Phone: (801) 438-4864
Ted focuses his practice on bankruptcy, personal injury, family law, and general civil litigation. Ted began his career in Phoenix, Arizona where he was an associate attorney for one of the highest volume bankruptcy and personal injury firms in Arizona, the Law Offices of J.D. Denny. There, Ted focused primarily on consumer bankruptcy, personal injury, and civil litigation. Ted successfully helped hundreds of clients maneuver the intricacies of bankruptcy and settle personal injury claims.
Thereafter, Ted was an associate attorney at the prominent creditor rights and banking firm, Goodman Law PLLC. Ted’s main focus at Goodman Law was twofold: 1) banking regulation; and 2) special assets enforcement/protection inside and outside of bankruptcy. Thanks to Ted’s early career experience in Arizona, he has a rich knowledge of both the debtor/defendant and creditor/plaintiff arenas.
Once established enough to come “home,” Ted extended Stokes Law PLLC across state lines to Utah. Ted finds great satisfaction in assisting his neighbors and fellow Utahns to reach legal results that further both their personal and professional goals. Ted also keeps close ties with the Arizona market handling many cases for his client base in the greater Phoenix area.
- All Arizona State and Federal Courts
- All Utah State and Federal Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- J.D., Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix, Arizona; Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Quill, Castro Scholar, Dean’s List, Law Review Associate Editor, Community Service Certificate of Abundant Pro Bono Service.
- B.A., Journalism & Communications, Utah State University, Logan, Utah.
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One
Maricopa County Superior Court, Honorable Judge Thomas LeClaire
Publications, Presentations & Articles
- D.C. District Slams Federal Reserve and Regulation II, ARIZONA BANKER, at 10-11 (Fall 2013).
- Presentation to the Maricopa County Association of Paralegals, an affiliate of the National Association of Legal Assistants: Common Issues in Banking Litigation With a Focus on Garnishments, Levies, and Subpoenas under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (May 14, 2014).
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Arizona Bankers Association (associate member)
- State Bar of Utah (member, bankruptcy law section)
- State Bar of Arizona (member, bankruptcy law section)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (member, bankruptcy section)
- National Broadcasting Society (member)
- Glendale Airport Pilots Association in a multimillion-dollar hangar/ground lease litigation
- Stearns Bank, N.A. in complex Chapter 11 Bankruptcy against Arizona Storage Company, LLC
- Metro Phoenix Bank in Osakis participation agreement litigation
- B & J Smith Associates in Eatza Pizza franchise litigation
- Gentle Care Transport, Inc. in CBS—KGUN9 defamation dispute
- Sonora Home Health, PLLC in Plaza Cordoniz landlord/tenant litigation
- Lions & Legacy LLC in corporate transactions
- Guaranty Solutions, LLC against AmeriFirst Financial, Inc. in Gramm-Leach-Bliley dispute
- Mountain Gem Federal Credit Union in adversarial fraud proceedings
- Plaintiff in CPI, Inc./Puppies N Love personal injury litigation
- Plaintiff in Star Power Dance Company personal injury litigation
- Plaintiff in Global Management Group, Inc. FDCPA litigation
- RanDen Trucking, Inc. in employment/independent contractor litigation