Ted focuses his practice on bankruptcy, personal injury, family law, wills and estate planning, business organization, and general civil litigation. Ted began his career in Phoenix, Arizona where he was an associate attorney for one of the highest volume bankruptcy and personal injury firms in Arizona, the Law Offices of J.D. Denny. There, Ted focused primarily on consumer bankruptcy, personal injury, and civil litigation. Ted successfully helped hundreds of clients maneuver the intricacies of bankruptcy and settle personal injury claims.
Thereafter, Ted was an associate attorney at the prominent creditor rights and banking firm, Goodman Law PLLC. Ted’s main focus at Goodman Law was twofold: 1) banking regulation; and 2) special assets enforcement/protection inside and outside of bankruptcy. Thanks to Ted’s early career experience in Arizona, he has a rich knowledge of both the debtor/defendant and creditor/plaintiff arenas.
Once established enough to form his own firm, Ted founded Stokes Law PLLC setting up offices in Arizona and Utah. Ted finds great satisfaction in assisting his neighbors and fellow Utahans and Arizonans to reach legal results that further both their personal and professional goals.
Phone: (800) 681-1529
- All Arizona State and Federal Courts
- All Utah State and Federal Courts
- J.D., Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix, Arizona; Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Quill, Castro Scholar, Dean’s List, Law Review Associate Editor, Community Service Certificate of Abundant Pro Bono Service.
- B.A., Journalism & Communications, Utah State University, Logan, Utah.
- Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One
- Maricopa County Superior Court, Honorable Judge Thomas LeClaire
Publications, Presentations & Articles
- D.C. District Slams Federal Reserve and Regulation II, ARIZONA BANKER, at 10-11 (Fall 2013).
- Presentation to the Maricopa County Association of Paralegals, an affiliate of the National Association of Legal Assistants: Common Issues in Banking Litigation With a Focus on Garnishments, Levies, and Subpoenas under the Graham-Leach-Bliley Act (May 14, 2014).
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Arizona Bankers Association (associate member)
- State Bar of Utah (member, bankruptcy law section)
- State Bar of Arizona (member, bankruptcy law section)
- Maricopa County Bar Association (member, bankruptcy section)
- National Broadcasting Society (member)